Tuesday, December 13, 2011

The Future of TUIs

        I've been thinking more about what TUIs will look like in the future. I'm doing a UROP (Undergraduate Research Opportunity) at MIT working for the D-Lab to researching appropriate technology for the developing world. I think it would make a lot of sense to start thinking about TUIs that can help to solve problems that are frequently faced in the developing world. I definitely believe that along with good education and proper health care, access to useful technology really can help people escape the cycle of poverty. I also am really excited about the Organic User Interfaces we read about recently. I have a hard time picturing how the actual technology will work or what it will look like but I can't wait to see what it looks like in the future. Finally, the article "Move to Design/Design to Move" opened up an entirely new vision of TUIs for me. I tend to think about technology as a way to solve problems and try to identify problems that can be resolved using well designed technology. That article, however, encouraged me to completely open up my perspective and think about ways that technology can simply be used for art and pleasure. That's a side of me that has been fairly dormant during my time at school so far but it's something I am also quite passionate about.

No comments:

Post a Comment